Need a quick no guilt pick-me-up? These leather boot-style sandals are going to be the only shoes that matter come spring. The slightly avant garde, futuristic design will pair impeccably with the on-trend nostalgia throw back looks we are seeing on the streets. Both professional and impossibly cool; wear these cut-out sandals from work, to dinner, to the after party.
Leather Boot-Style Sandal, Zara – $99.00
The end of the holiday season brings with it a feeling of movement and change. If you are looking to add some freshness to your wardrobe you can add an element of chicness throwing by putting high and low end items together for a brand new you without breaking your post-holiday budget. We recommend trying sharp neutrals and effortlessly androgynous silhouettes. A top with a draped profile, such as this ultra affordable pussy bow blouse from H&M or Zara’s on-trend turtleneck, is comfortable and professional without being overdone. These tops go perfectly with Zara’s faux-leather culottes to up the cool girl factor. A monochromatic or graphic design is a fresh take on the classic shift dress, and this one from Zara is on sale. If you are wearing fast fashion be sure to correspond your outfit with classic accessories. Choose sharp, androgynous finishing touches like these semi-matte leather loafers or these mix set earrings, both from Coach. The raw cut wool fedora from Forever 21 is a easy way to add interest as well as Nasty Gal’s boxy, structured bag.
- Pima Cotton Turtle Neck, LL Bean – $29.95
- Raw Cut Fedora Hate, Forever21 –
Was $29.90 – Now $13.99
- Crinkle Chiffon Blouse, H&M (UK) –
Was £19.99 – Now £12.00
- Pave Wish Bone Mixed Hoop Earring Set, Coach –
Was $75 – Now $45
- Indie Loafer, Coach –
Was $275.00 – Now $129.00
- Printed Dress, Zara –
Was $69.90 – Now $22.99
- Square Enough Leather Bag, Nasty Gal –
Was 279.70 – Now $139.85
- Faux Leather Culottes, Zara –
Was $45.90 – Now $15.99
For our final post of 2015 we thought a little last minute gift inspiration was necessary. Men’s fashion have come a long way since the bygone days of sloppy cargo pants as acceptable polite company attire. We have included fail-proof presents for the gentleman in your life with refined tastes. For the man in your life who likes the youthful and unexpected try COMMES DES GARCONS. French for “like boys,” they are a Japanese fashion label with a laid-back contemporary feel featuring a little tongue-in-cheek humour in their designs. Their classic cardigan featuring their logo is a great example of their aesthetic. Or go with their leather zip pouch or their unisex fragrance with notes of black pepper, black tea, and tree moss.
For the discerning gentleman in your life that wants nothing but the best, we suggest a watch by renowned Swiss architect, painter, and designer Max Bill. A master in the art of balancing form and function; the body of work he has left behind continues to be an inspiration. The 027/4002.44 Max Bill Automatic features a date and a metal bracelet. It is a beautiful streamlined design, simple and elegant at a slim 10mm. The kind of watch a man would wear for a lifetime.
For something just as discerning but a little more urban, get the sneakerhead in your life a pair of Raf Simons kicks. The black Stan Smith Adidas leather low-top sneakers are a understated cool that have an effortless confidence about them.
For those on a budget, as always Zara is offering some great fashionable pieces. Go with something classic and easy to wear, like this chambray button-up with polka dots or these cuffed skinny jeans.
FFF will be back in the new year with fresh ideas and the usual sass. We hope that you, our lovely readers will have a very happy and safe holiday, and that all your wishes and resolutions come true.
- Commes des Garcons Play Cardigan, FarFetch.com – $833
- Junghans Max Bill Automatic Watch, StevenAlan.com – $990
- Nanamica Gore-Tex Shell Coat, StevenAlan.com – $1100
- Demin Shirt, Zara.com – $60
- Commes des Garcons Classic Large Zip Pouch, StevenAlan.com – $137
- Skinny Jeans, Zara.com – $50
- Commes des Garcons Series: Play Black Eau de Toilette, LuckyScent.com – $110
- Raf Simons Black Stan Smith, Ssense.com – Was
$500, Now $280
The weather is cold and the new pumpkin spice latte is in full effect. With the holidays nipping at our heels, we are bringing you some of the things that are inspiring us this season; more bolder, more livelier, and less faint-hearted than ever.
1) Sunnies by one of our most favourite designers. The Islington by Preen has an iconic cat-eye shape but a modern contrast to them. Keep the Wayfarers and the Aviators away until summer. These sunnies will make the holidays a glamorous walk in the park.
2) For the numerous parties this season fulling up your social calendar, go with a classic black sheath dress with enough drama and flair to carry from a workplace dinner to a formal gala. The ostrich feather cuffs of this ebullient mini dress will make a striking conversation starter.
3) Following right along the theme of texture are these velvet shoes from Zara. They’ve got a classic silhouette with enough details to keep it interesting.
4) A sexy, structured leather satchel. Something that oozes luxe and makes you want to run your hand along the fabric. This Fendi Peakaboo does that exactly right.
5) These classic maison candles are thick and luxurious. They have the kind of scents that are complex and intriguing. Burn them at your dinner parties if you want something to differentiate yourself from the vanillas and the apple-cinnamons.
6) For yourself to enjoy or buy it for the sheer pleasure you will see on the receivers face, Louis Vuitton Fashion Photography captures some of the most ubiquitous cultural milestones we know today.