Today at FFF are preparing for the onslaught of the upcoming holidays. We wanted something youthful and relaxed. The dark plaid shirt dress is just a glimpse at the fantastic F/W collection over at Zara. It also allows this cheerful coat be the main attraction. We were inspired by the easy Parisian chic that has been so popular the last couple of years in the blogosphere, so we added the French inspired accessories. The patent leather loafers from Office London are a great essential piece of footwear for closed-toe season. This outfit is just enough twist on a modern women’s standby to give you a seasonally appropriate look while you start on your holiday shopping.
1. Steven Alan Cashmere Beanie, Otte NY – $98.00
2. “Pour L’Amour Du Frais” Tote, Madewell – $70.00
3. Paris Street Style, by – $15.78
4. Black Patent Leather Loafers, Office – $114.31
5. Calvin Klein Socks, – $10.00
6. Kaelen Mohair Over-sized Coat, Oak NY – Reg. $1463.00, Now $1170.40
7. Plaid Shirt Dress, Zara – $79.90
When Dailylook.com asked us to pick one of their little black dresses and take it from day to night, we couldn’t resist the invite.We wanted to feature something anyone at any age could wear. We start with this textured black shift dress, to make this look ultra up to date, we’ve layered it with a relaxed tapered boyfriend jean. The black blazer with the scarf makes this look chic without trying too hard but will still be comfortable enough to run errands in. The black and white slip-ons add extra interest to the laid-back charm. This look works with a more utilitarian bag, so all you need is a pair of sunglasses to look effortlessly pulled together.
For our nighttime look, this outfit only needed a few key pieces. The shift is made more visually appealing by adding an asymmetrical zippered vest. This look is all about subtlety and versatility; this white crossover bag and the smoky blue booties can take this outfit from a drink after work to an art gallery opening. All you need is an understated piece of jewelry, like the earrings pictured above and you’re out the door.
The best thing about both these looks and the true pièce de résistance is the banded mounties hat. Structured and flattering, it is iconic in absolutely the best way. We recommend adding a optional swipe of lipstick and a great big smile to face your day.
1. Finders Keepers Better Days Vegan Leather Dress, DailyLook.com – $129.99
2. FFIXXED Poncho Wrap jacket, OAK NYC – Reg $350, Now $280.00
3. Diesel Boyfriend Jeans, Far Fetch – $387.88
4. Marc by Marc Jacob Electro Q Lil Ukita in Grey, Marc Jacob – $438.00
5. x LD Tuttle Greta Platform- Striped Pony, Creatures Of Comfort – $790.00
6. Dusen Dusen Sunglasses, Pour Porter – Reg. $184.00, Now $46.00
7. Tenderly Multi Stick Lipstick, ILIA Cosmetics – $34.00
8. Saya Blue Boots, ALDO – Reg $180.00, Now $139.98
9. 3.1 Phillip Lim Messenger Shoulder Bag, Otte NY – $835.00
10. Lapel Zip Vest, OAK NYC – Reg. $468, Now $327.60
11. Front/Back Pave Pyramid Stud Earnings, Eddie Borgo – $190.00
12. Floppy Brim Fedora Hat, Rag & Bone NYC – $195.00
*Faranak’s “LBD from Day to Night challenge!” DailyLook.com
This picture taken around 1943, this sepia toned memory captures a young girls moment of dressing up for a special occasion. Notice how darling and stylish she looks, even by today’s standards. Take note of the big bows and the peter pan collar that is now so ubiquitous with modern day twenty-somethings. The structured bag with the brass clasp seems so perfectly sculpted in comparison with the rest of her outfit. Style is inspirational, how many of these little forties outfits have influenced what we wear today?
Somedays you just need a quick pick-me-up. Something that always makes you feel unfailingly pretty. This mineral blush by BECCA applies evenly and casts just the perfect amount of glow. If you’ve got any sort of olive to your complexion, this is the perfect amount of peachy pink highlighting that brings out those divine golden undertones to your skin. The lipstick is this seasons most on-trend colour: the muted berry. It is also aptly named Dress You Up. This lipstick crayon is hyper pigmented and glides on beautifully. The colour is flattering and subtle, a subdued rose that is great for everyone. It also elevates everything else you are wearing; whether it is running around town in jeans and a chunky knit sweater, or an elegant dress for a date night. We picked up these two pieces of makeup and immediately felt prettier, a moment of calm in our hectic day.
Ilia Lipstick Crayon “Dress You Up” (muted berry) – $24.00
Becca Mineral Blush “Song Bird” (bright orange pink) – $38.00
Find at Kiss & Make Up – Lonsdale, North Vancouver
Sorry about the late post! How do you like our new look? We have been revamping FFF these last couple of weeks, so our energy has gone into updating the blog and adding our brand new personal shopper services. We’ve been busy creating a comprehensive directory of all the things we offer so please check out our new services tab to find out what Faranak offers.
This outfit is all about urban chic. Autumn in the concrete jungle.The leather midi skirt from Zara is surprisingly easy to wear and gives you an unexpected contrast to the collared perfection that is this Preen top. The trick to this kind of look is to resist over accessorizing. A statement bag and the block heels with the subtly cool earring are all you need. You’ll be wearing variation upon variation of this look all season long.
1. Clyde Print Silk Collared Top – Preen by thornton bregazzi –
Reg. $905 Now $362
2. Leather Effect Long Skirt – Zara – $79.90
3. Crossed Stick Earrings – WWAKE – $177
4. Black/White Printed Buffalo Rider Bag – Loeffler Randall – $550
5. Black Zowie Pump (ALDO & Ostwald Helgason Collab) – Aldo – $120